Swart STR-Tremolo Amp - Charcoal Blue Croc
Get your Swart STR-Tremolo Amp from Humbucker Music, the largest Swart dealer in the world for many years running! Have questions about Swart Amps? Please contact us. We know these amps well!
The Swart STR-Tremolo has the same soul and Point to Point Hand-Wired Circuit as the STR-Tweed, just with:* The addition of a great tremolo stage (along with same quality Reverb stage)
* The addition of a 3 way EQ Switch that makes the STR-Trem more flexible
* As stock in the original STR 60s style cab & a limited run of AST Style Tweed cabs!
The STR-Tremolo has slightly less gain than the STR-Tweed as the Tremolo section will take place of the extra gain stage in half of the 12AX7. On the other hand, it will still have much of the STR-Tweed's great tone, immediacy, growl, and touch sensitivity. Drop in the Atomic Boost, and you get it back and more. We really dig this amp!
As opposed to the STR-Tweed, the new cabs for this STR-Tremolo are a touch deeper to fit the Celestion Blue and Gold or many other slightly deeper speakers. Swart thought the Celestion Blue was AMAZING in the amp but did have a bit less bottom fullness at lower levels, much like any alnico vs a good ceramic. The BV-30 is such a great compromise of tone, great breakup, and nice fullness for a 5w single-ended design.
As for the tremolo, it's not easy to get great trem with low wattage single-ended designs and this is among the best I've personally heard, with a nice range of speed and good depth. But the amp sounds great with it off, too. Back the depth to zero and let her rip and you'll be grinning ear to ear.
- Output: 5 Watts - Class A Single Ended
- Controls: Volume, Tone, Space (Reverb), Speed, Depth, EQ Switch (Full, Neutral, Low Cut)
- Power Tube: 6V6, 6L6, or EL34 (comes w/ 6V6)
- Preamp Tubes: 12AX7 (x2), 12DW7
- Rectifier Tube: GZ34/5Y3
- Includes two button footswitch (reverb and tremolo on and off)
- Cathode Biased
- Tube Driven Reverb and Tremolo
- Speaker: 12" Mojotone BV-30H ~ 8 ohm
- Finger-Jointed, solid Pine Cab w/ Lacquer Tweed Cover