Mesa Boogie Express Plus 5:50 Combo - Black w/ Tan
Now Only $ 1,369.00
Usually, we like to go by the old adage, "If it isn't broken, don't fix it." Well, this time we'd be wrong! Mesa has updated their very popular Express lineup to the new Express Plus. For those of you familiar with the Express 5:25 and 5:50, here are the new features:
The new Express Plus amplifiers feature FIVE exciting new features that bring them even closer to the flagship status of Mesa's award-winning MARK V. Check out what puts the PLUS in the NEW Express 5:25+ :
1) Legendary 5-Band Graphic Equalizer! - Sliders are added alongside the original PRESET Contour Controls allowing you to footswitch or auto-assign the 5 Band SLIDERS or the PRESET Control in each Channel.
2) Improved CLEAN Mode - that has more sparkle in the highs and warm, breathing lows - Plus a significantly better signal to noise ratio.
3) Patented Multi-Watt Channel Assignable Power! - Both Express Plus models allow you to run the output tubes in your choice of three different wattage ratings per Channel (2x6L6 = 5/25/50), each with it's own tone-spawning Operating Class and Wiring Configuration!
1 power tube operating in pure Class A Single-Ended, producing 5 Watts
2 tubes operating in pure Class A Push-Pull, producing 25 Watts
2 tubes operating in Mesa's proprietary Dyna-Watt Class A/B power, producing 50 Watts
4) Performance Enhancing SOLO Control - Provides an additional footswitchable Master Output control that allows you to preset the perfect amount of volume boost to showcase featured parts and trigger it on the fly.
5) 4-Button Footswitch - Instant access to Channels, Reverb, EQ & Solo
So, if you are new to the Mesa Boogie Express amps, let us fill you in.
The Express 5:50 is one of Mesa Boogie's most popular models featuring an intuitive layout and versatile design. Each 5:50+ is two channels, all-tube, hand built, and made in the USA.
Other standard features include:
- CUSTOM DESIGNED AND HANDCRAFTED IN PETALUMA, CALIFORNIA
- All Tube Amplifier: 2 x 6L6 Power Tubes & 5 x 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- 50 Watts Output (as well as 25 watts, and 5 watts)
- Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
- All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Controls
- 12" Mesa Black Shadow Speaker (made by EV) in the 1x12 combo
- Fully Buffered FX Loop
- Each Channel Features: Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Footswitchable Reverb, Master, Footswitchable or Assignable Preset Contour Control & Multi-Watt Power Switch
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control - Over all channels when activated
- External Switching Jacks for Channel 1/2, Reverb, EQ & Solo
- All Aluminum Chassis
- 4 Button Footswitch (Channel1/2, Reverb, EQ & Solo)
- Included Deluxe Slip Cover
Dimensions: 19.5" Height x 22.875" Wide x 11.75 Deep
Weight: 54 lbs.