Dr. Z Maz 38 Sr Reverb MK II Head - Black, ZW Grille
Get your Dr. Z Maz 38 Sr Reverb MK II at Humbucker Music, the largest Dr. Z dealer in the world with the biggest inventory for sale!
Note: This is the new and improved MkII version of the much loved Maz 38. The following is a list of improvements that have been made over the past couple years to become the Mark II version.
- Voicing changes that warms the tone a bit, reducing some of the stark treble that comes with most EL84 based circuits.
- Newly designed post-phase inverter master volume allowing the player to fine-tune the tone at any volume.
- Buffered effects loop for for better integration with today's pedalboards.
- Power tube spec change from new production EL84's to NOS Russian mil-spec 6n14n (EL84) power tubes rated to last twice as long.
- Variable boost footswitch is included, providing anywhere from a small bump in volume to all-out, singing distortion.
- Improved Reverb Circuit
The Dr. Z Maz Sr 38 is an ever versatile guitar amplifier that has been gracing large stages and corner clubs for years. The 38 NR will give you plenty of clean headroom and sweet driven tones for stages of all sizes. The 38 NR features a split load cathode biased output section which yields an authority not heard in many EL84 powered amps. Compared to the reverb equipped Maz 38 you get more drive and low end thrust. The NR has a very rich dynamic gain with a tight bottom and superb clarity. It's an excellent choice for discerning rock and roots music players.
The front panel features Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Master, and the ever versatile Cut control. The back panel features a 4, 8, and 16 ohm speaker out. An effects loop is also standard. The 38 NR is powered by a quartet of cathode biased EL84s, has three 12AX7s in the front end, and a 5AR4 rectifier. With 38 watts at your finger tips, you can move enough air to get your guitar out in front of the band.
The Dr. Z MAZ-38 is a truly versatile amp for the working or studio musician. Whether your forte' is Blues, Country, Roots, or Rock, The MAZ 38 Senior will fit the bill.
|Construction||All Tube, All Hand-Wired, ALL USA MADE!
|Power Output||38 Watts
|Output Tubes||4 x EL84 (specifically 6n14n NOS milspec)
|Preamp Tubes||4 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AT7|
|Rectifier||Tube - 5AR4|
|Controls||Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass, Cut, Master Volume, and Reverb|
|Features||Tube Driven Reverb, Built in FX Loop, Footswitchable EQ Bypass (footswitch included)|
|Dims & Weight||19" Wide x 9.75" High x 9.5" Depth - 35 lbs
Many Configurations and Colors of the Maz 38 Sr NR are Available! CLICK HERE to see them all