Moog Etherwave Theremin Kit - Limited Tiger Oak
The build-it-yourself kit has an unfinished wood cabinet and pre-built circuit board. Several wiring points require soldering. Power supply is included.
The theremin is one of the oldest electronic instruments, and the only one known that you play without touching. Moving your hands in the space around its antennas controls pitch and volume. The Etherwave is an authentic adaptation of inventor Lev Termen's original design.
The Etherwave is a quality musical instrument designed for ruggedness and portability. It has a five-octave pitch range and reliable spacing between notes for sophisticated playability. Antennas are nickel-plated 3/8" brass tube and cabinets are furniture-grade hardwood, finished with a custom Moog stain. The Etherwave is fitted with an adapter for mounting on a standard microphone stand and works best with Moog's TB-15 instrument amplifier.
All Etherwaves ship with two video tutorials on one DVD: Clara Rockmore: the Greatest Theremin Virtuosa and Mastering the Theremin, featuring Lydia Kavina.
- POWER - rocker switch - switches on and off the AC power to theremin.
- AUDIO OUT - standard 1/4" phone jack, which delivers line level output to your amplifier.
- PITCH - rotary control, for adjusting the response of the pitch antenna.
- VOLUME - rotary control, for adjusting the response of the volume antenna.
- WAVEFORM - rotary control, for adjusting the waveform of the audio output.
- BRIGHTNESS - rotary control, for adjusting the brightness of the audio output.
- POWER INPUT - receptacle for the special AC adapter that comes with the Etherwave. 110 volt and 220 volt adapters are available.
- ANTENNA CONNECTORS - threaded connectors which allow the antennas to be removed for travel.