Barber Half Gainer Low Gain Overdrive Pedal
Barber Half Gainer
The Barber Half Gainer is the dual channel version of our retired LTD series of ultra clear low gain overdrive.
The Half Gainer brings new features to the table like the new "Mid Character" control which adjust both the midrange and shifts the EQ curve at the same time to compliment the amount of mids added or cut from the signal. The Midrange Character control allows you to dial in a nearly flat EQ balance for large sounding chords or fat articulated notes.
The other controls include Two Channels with independent adjustments for Volume and Gain. The two channels share the Mid Character and Tone controls. Internally the Half Gainer has a trim pot which allows you to shape your Bass and Presence balance.
Specs & Features:
- Precision matched components: Using tight specifications to ensure symmetrical clipping and reduced intermodulation distortion. This allows complex chords to be heard with total definition and clarity at any level of overdrive.
- True bypass switching with led indicator: Each Barber pedal uses a high grade foot-switch, in addendum Solid 20 gauge copper hookup wire is used between the jacks and switching to create a transparent bypass.
- Full size pots: For durability and for easy serviceability if needed.
- Hand made: Barber makes the 1/2 Gainer one at a time and each one is initialed and dated by the craftsman.
- Volume knob response circuitry: Numerous shades and textures at your fingertips just by adjusting your volume knob.
- Cast aluminum enclosure: Solid aluminum structure made in the UK offers extreme durability for long life.
- Double sided pc board with plate through holes: The PCB Barber uses offers very long service life, and allows component replacement from the top.
- Unique pivot style 9 volt battery clip: Barber's Battery clip uses an eccentric pivot to swivel the battery clip in and out of the unit for durable long life operation.
- Midrange Character control: The 1/2 Gainer has a truly unique midrange circuit that allows you to go from flat response overdrive to string thickening midrange bliss.
- Barber adjustable phono style recovery stage: Most of Barber's op-amp based overdrive pedals use a cool old style phonograph circuit to recover the frequencies usually lost in the overdrive stage of lesser pedals, this worked great for vinyl and now works great for guitar overdrive!
- High quality components: Players have requested the use of carbon resistors, metalized polyester caps. These components were thought to be only available on the highest priced pedals. Players asked, and Barber delivered...no problem, no exaggerated "boutique builder" pricing.
- Dimensions: 5.7" x 3.7" x 1.8"