Barber Burn Unit EQ Pedal - Overdrive/Distortion with Internal EQ
Barber Burn Unit EQ
Overdrive/Distortion Pedal with Internal EQ
The Burn Unit uses unique circuitry with an added Dynamic control which is continuously variable. This unique circuitry allows for past, present and future tones to be created, so there is no need to settle when you can have it all! Players can dial in loads of pick attack with absolute note definition creating harmonically rich 13th's and maj7's! This pedal can also dial in fat semi-clean boost which can dramatically warm up your amplifier while providing hard hitting punch!
Specs & Features:
- Precision matched components: using proprietary specifications to ensure symmetrical clipping and reduced intermodulation distortion. This allows complex chords to be heard with total definition and clarity at any level of overdrive.
- True bypass switching with led indicator: this is achieved by using an high grade switch, in addendum Solid 20 gauge copper hookup wire is used between the jacks and switching to create a transparent bypass.
- Full size pots: for durability and for easy serviceability if needed.
- Hand made: Barber makes the Burn Unit one at a time and each one is signed and dated by the craftsman.
- Volume knob response circuitry: numerous shades and textures at your fingertips just by adjusting your volume knob.
- Cast aluminum enclosure: offers extreme durability for long life.
- Double sided pc board with plate through holes: Exceptional connections, easy to service and very durable.
- Unique pivot style 9 volt battery clip: Barber's Battery clip uses an eccentric pivot to swivel the battery clip in and out of the unit for durable long life operation.
- Ten knob control for tonal versatility: The Burn Unit uses ten (including internal trim pots) control knobs as follows, level 1, level 2, tone, deep, dynamics and sustain 1, sustain 2. Internal controls for note-shape, presence, midrange and bass. These controls allow the Burn Unit to produce sounds ranging from sweet subtle sustain to smooth singing California amp style tones!
- Barber adjustable phono style recovery stage: Most of Barber's op-amp based overdrive pedals use a cool old style phonograph circuit to recover the frequencies lost in the overdrive stage, this worked great for vinyl and now works great for guitar overdrive!
- High quality components: Players have requested the use of carbon resistors, metalized polyester caps. These components were thought to be only available on the highest priced pedals. Players asked, and Barber delivered.
- Includes dc jack. (ac power adaptor not included)
- Draw Power: 12mA
- Dimensions: 5.7" x 3.7" x 1.8"