AmpRx Brownie Gig Master Voltage Optimizer
The AmpRx Brownie is perfect for the musician on a budget!
The Brownie Gig Master came about from the demand of gigging musicians who didn't quite want to drop the $349 for a BrownBox. The Brownie is different from the BrownBox in a few ways:
1) It's rated for 3 Amps, 340 watts max continuous instead of 5 Amps, 540 watts continuous use. This rating is still plenty for typical 50 watt tube amps and below.
2) It has 10 selectable voltage levels, as opposed to the BrownBox's 16 selectable voltage levels.
3) The Brownie displays the wall voltage while the BrownBox displays both wall voltage as well as amperage draw
The Brownie and BrownBox was created to provide a safe range of voltage reduction levels for vintage tube amplifier designs. The same, era-correct voltage levels that the amps were designed around.
The dynamics of a vintage amp supplied with the proper line voltage are optimized and will sound and respond as originally intended, revealing the circuits true harmonic content. This is the starting point, the basis of the signal chain, and where serious musicians begin creating a signature tone.
Most vintage tube amps respond more harmonically and touch sensitive with optimized voltage . Placing these circuits back into balance reveals the authentic tone fundamental of the amp, tone that can truly blossom.
For the Tube Tone Purist, no pedal or attenuator can come close to replicating the heavenly response of dry, purely saturated tubes. Pedals and attenuators have their place, keeping in mind that they color your tone, not create it.
Everyone can enjoy multi-dimensional, pure tube tone, if they just know where to start.
The Brownie uses a custom proprietary, American made, 3 amp transformer, intended for use with one amplifier. AmpRx's proprietary transformer was custom wound exclusively for use with tube amplifiers - no off the shelf transformers or test-bench variac's here!
Why Voltage Optimization?
Voltage Optimization provides numerous benefits:
Earlier tube saturation equals earlier break-up at lower usable volume levels .
A smoother tonal shift toward even order harmonics, revealing the amplifier's designed tone fundamental , the basis of your signal chain and the starting point in building a consistent signature tone.
Lower internal voltages = lower dissipation = longer component life.
AmpRx Brownie Key Features
- Easy to read, back-lit L.C.D. display enabling real-time voltage and amperage monitoring, also useful for diagnostics.
- Tough road rugged construction.
- Proprietary design exclusively for use with tube amplifiers.
- Filament soft-start in full reduction mode.
- A powder coated EMF neutral housing.
- Fully integrated in-rush current and transient protection, as well as over-load protection .
- Silent operation.
- Custom wound 3 amp proprietary transformer.will supply 340 watts max@ 120 Vac.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY.
- Made in the USA.