Moog Werkstatt-01 Analog Synthesizer Kit
The Moog Werkstatt-01 Kit is Here!
Whether you're just starting to dabble in synth circuitry or you're an experienced synth player, the new Moog Werkstatt-01 is a fun project that anyone can enjoy! Assembly is easy, the only tools you'll need are a screwdriver and a pair of wire cutters. That's it, no soldering necessary!
This build it yourself, single oscillator, analog synthesizer can be patched into your existing synthesizer rig or used as a stand alone synth by using the built-in button keyboard. For those tech savvy individuals, the circuit board has plenty of room for expansion with a multitude of jumper ports and test points!
- Single VCO w/ frequency control (8Hz to 16KHz)
- Saw and square waveshapes w/ control for square pulse width
- Envelope or LFO selectable Mod Source that can be assigned to PWM or Pitch w/ Amount control
- Ability to PWM the square wave
- Classic 4-Pole Moog Ladder Filter w/ Resonance control (20Hz-20KHz)
- Select between the Envelope generator and LFO as Mod Source.
- Polarity switch (+/-) and amount knob for control of filter cutoff modulation
- LFO Section: Selectable Square or Triangle waveshape w/ rate control (2Hz-600Hz)
- VCA/AMP Section: Select between the Envelope Generator or ON (Drone)
- Envelopes Section: Controls for Attack & Decay time w/ Sustain On/Off switch
- KB Section: One octave low-note priority legato keyboard w/ glide control
- VCA Input0V to +5V in VCA EG Mode, +/-2.5V in VCA ON Mode
- VCF Input-5V to +5
- VCO LINEAR FM Input +/-2.5V - NOTE: this is an inverting control input
- VCO EXPONENTIAL FM Input -5V to +5V, 1V/Octave trimmable
- LFO CV Input 5V to +5V - NOTE: Negative CV slows LFO more than the panel
- VCF AUDIO InputUnbuffered/Unmixed AC coupled input to VCF
- 2x KB CV Output3V/semitone from 1 keyboard - NOTE: Attenuate for 1V/Octave
- 2x TRIG Output 5 msec pulse, 0 to +5 V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x GATE Output0 to +5V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x EG Output0 to +5V signal, Simple ASD or AD type Envelope Generator
- 2x LFO Output -2.5 to +2.5V Triangle or Square wave, selected via LFO Switch
- 2x VCF Output-2V to +2 V signal for audio or CV uses
- 2x VCO Output0V to +5V VCO signal, wave selected by VCO Wave Switch
- AUDIO Output Nominal +/-1.5V Signal
- POWER+12VDC Center Positive w/ 1.2A Wall transformer
- POWER CONSUMPTION 1.8 Watt AVG