Diamond Counterpoint Delay Pedal
Diamond CTP-1 Counterpoint
Multi-Tap Delay Pedal
The Diamond Counter Point is a unique delay pedal – using carefully constructed sets of multiple delay signal ‘taps’ and variable sample rate modulation, it offers four different delay modes with richly ethereal tones flexible enough to support a wide variety of musical styles.
By utilizing the same variable sample rate concept used in analog bucket brigade modulation, and adding custom analog anti-aliasing and reconstruction filters and companding, we’ve captured the essence of analog modulation and delays… in a small footprint, with advanced control features, and standard 9V powering.
The Counter Point’s digital sampling engine’s sole function is to copy, delay, and reproduce the delay path signal with little or no mathematical manipulation at all* – and unlike standard analog/ digital conversion codecs used in the vast majority of digital audio gear, there are no digital anti-aliasing and reconstruction filters used here. This proven delay architecture delivers richly dynamic tone to thousands of Memory Lane Jr and Quantum Leap’s already in use today. All signal paths around this sampling engine are analog (the direct path, feedback path, and everything before and after the digital sampler), signal paths that are carefully designed to provide a unique sonic signature that is unmistakably Diamond.
Vintage Mode is a classic bucket brigade style delay with up to 600ms of available delay. This delay mode has a warm, dark sound.
Galloping 8ths Mode is an 80's style delay with up to 900ms of available delay. This mode features a dotted 8th note delay with a blended quarter note at 1/3 volume.
Ambient Mode is a smooth ambient style Multi-Tap delay that produces a similar effect somewhere between an echo and reverb. It features up to 300ms of available delay. Varying the delay time in this mode will vary the time of all the delay taps to ensure synchronized echoes.
Extra Faux Tape Delay Mode features up to 1.2 seconds of clear delay that remains in sync with the modulation speed. The modulation in this mode is not as smooth as the other three modes and produces very pronounced and abrupt pitch changes.
DLY: the delay control varies the delay time in Vintage, Galloping 8ths, and Ambient modes, in Extra Faux Tape Delay mode this control varies the delay time and the modulation speed. The delay time can also be changed using the Tap Tempo switch.
MOD: the modulation control varies modulation depth in all modes. Holding down the Tap switch for 1 second will toggle the Modulation on or off.
FBK: the feedback control varies the level of feedback in the signal and controls the number of repeats.
MIX: the mix control varies the volume level of the repeated signal from 0 to a few dB louder than the input signal.
Features & Specs:
- Multi-tap delay with four unique operational modes
- Seamless knob or tap tempo delay time setting
- Intelligent mode memory remembers whether you had last used the knob or tap delay setting when you toggle back to that mode
- User selectable tap delay ‘hold down’ mode to toggle modulation on/off in each mode
- Adjustable modulation depth on delays, with modulation speed changing with delay time in the ‘Extra Faux Tape’ EFT mode
- Analog signal paths surrounding a simple sample-delay-playout engine with special design variable sample rate A/D and D/A convertors
- User selectable True Bypass or Buffered with Delay Trails operation
- Premium audio components, including Panasonic capacitors and 0.5% resistors
- Bi-color LEDs provides visual indication of modes, LFO and delay times
- TapView (TM) allows the player to visually see the tap tempo speed on the ON/OFF LED while tapping
- AutoDouble (TM) tap algorithm in the Vintage mode intelligently sets the delay rate twice as fast when tapping rates slower than the max delay time of 600 ms
- Standard 9V negative tip adapter ready, with ‘gig backup’ battery power life of 2 hours
- Compact Hammond 1590BB cast aluminum case (approx 4.7 x 3.7 x 1.2 inches)
- Standard 9 Volt Power