Bringing together the very best of classic guitar compression and time-honored recording techniques, the Barber Tone Press is a revolutionary performance compression pedal that has no rival.
In research and development, Barber studied the problems associated with classic guitar compressors and their recent clones and found that, while the clone-makers build pedals with improved components (cleaner switching, in particular) and matched transistors, a few of the major drawbacks of those “vintage” designs still exist. The most glaring drawback of popular classic compressors (and their clones) is that they reverse the guitar’s phase and cause a “pop” (squashed attack anyone?) at the beginning of every note. Although we now see some compression units that have “attack controls,” they leave a bit to be desired as they require seemingly endless trial and error tweaking – and no solution.
Our solution? Parallel compression, a Barber innovation that blows away having to deal with attack, ratio and release knobs of other so-called "studio compressors." Barber developed a one-of-a-kind and quite proprietary continuous “blend control” circuit and combined it with a discrete “Class A” FET mixer circuit to allow you to continuously blend the natural signal of your carefully selected guitar with a “phase-corrected” classic compression circuit. The result? What guitar players have always wanted - unaltered attack and supernatural sustain and resonance, no studio engineering degree required.
• Precision components - Panasonic capacitors and
metal film resistors for low noise.
• True bypass switching with led indicator - this is achieved by using an extremely high grade switch, in addendum Solid 20 gauge copper hookup wire is used between the jacks and switching to create the most transparent bypass yet.
• Full size pots - for durability and for easy serviceability if needed.
• Cast aluminum enclosure -our incredibly durable enclosure will last decades if not centuries!
• Double sided pc board with plate through holes -This is the way the military does it when they want electronics to work FOREVER! all pedals should be made this way , few are....once again Barber electronics draws the line in the sand!